Thursday, March 24, 2011

GREY'S ANATOMY - Season 7/Episode 16 - Not Responsible

Grey's Anatomy - Not Responsible


Meredith must choose between her fertility treatments and her eyesight when she begins having trouble seeing, Mark makes it clear to Callie and Arizona that he takes his role as father-to-be very seriously, and April discovers there's more to Dr. Stark than first appears.

WATCH VIDEO HERE!!!

Episode Cast and Crew
Stars
Eric Dane Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh Dr. Lexie Grey
Kevin McKidd Dr. Owen Hunt
Jessica Capshaw Dr. Arizona Robbins
Kim Raver Dr. Teddy Altman
Sarah Drew Dr. April Kepner
Jesse Williams (II) Dr. Jackson Avery
Sara Ramirez Dr. Calliope "Callie" Torres
James Pickens Jr. Dr. Richard Webber
Ellen Pompeo Dr. Meredith Grey
Patrick Dempsey Dr. Derek Shepherd
Sandra Oh Dr. Cristina Yang
Justin Chambers Dr. Alex Karev
Chandra Wilson Dr. Miranda Bailey


  • Guest Cast
    Rachael Taylor Dr. Lucy Fields
    Sage Ryan Kyle
    Loretta Devine Adele Webber
    Nancy Travis Allison
    Laura Breckenridge Julia
 Music Featured In This Episode:
1.Julian Darling by Elizabeth & The Catapult
2.Plans by The Submarines
3.Come With Me by CEO
4.I Walk The Line by Cast
5.Riverside by Agnes Obel
6.Forget It All Again by Rich McCulley  


Quotes:
Derek: Yeah, she didn't think that she needed to tell me that she couldn't see. She figured that it was, you know, not relivant. I don't know if I'm more mad at her as her husband or attending.
Owen: You were extrainous to the process, kinda like Cristina. She doesn't need to talk to me about whether or not we're gonna have kids.
Mark (laughs): Oh, that's nice.
Owen: Yeah, not only do I not have a say, she doesn't even want to discuss it.
Derek: They want to hold all the cards.
Mark: I want you to imagine for second what it's like trying to negotatiate with two women. Two.
Owen: That's a nightmare.
Mark: At least you guys get 50 percent of the vote. I get a measley 33.
Owen: I get 50? With Cristina, I get maybe, ten.
Derek: Meredith doesn't even put anything down on the table, when she doesn't want me to vote, she simply omits the information. Leaving me with zero.
Cristina: I mean, he knows I don't want kids and now suddenly I'm ruining his vision of the future.
Meredith: Don't talk to me about vision, what if I never get to operate again?
Cristina: You'll be a bartender. I had a very good time.
Meredith (laughs): Oh, yeah, the whole five hours you bartended.
Cristina: Free drinks.
Meredith (laughing): You stole those drinks. Joe didn't give you free drinks.
Cristina: Your eyes will clear up, they will.
Richard (walks in): How's it goin'?
Meredith: Oh, good, I'm good.
Richard: Metzger's gonna examine you everyday and until he clears you, you don't set a foot in an OR.
Meredith: Well, I can't hold a scalpel but I can observe, right?
Richard: No, you can't. (walks out)
Meredith: Did he just bench me?
Cristina: Damn.
(Lexie is in the shower with Jackson, April comes in, not knowing Jackson's in there)
April: Okay, um... Stark... Stark just asked me out. Isn't that the weirdest thing you've ever heard?
Lexie: It's pretty weird, I'll give you that, yeah.
April (hystrically): It's weird, it's weird. I mean, he's old and mean, he's like the Grinch. The Grinch asked me for diner and I said (giggles) yes.
Lexie: You said yes?!
April: I mean, there is a nice man under there.
Lexie: Ap-April...
April: You think it's weird.
Lexie: I- I do, but I'm starting to come around to it. You know, can we talk about it later?
April: Y-Yeah, okay. Can I pee before I go?
Lexie: April, go downstairs.
April: This is shared space.
Lexie: Just go downstairs! (April leaves, screen shows Lexie covering Jackson's mouth, who is obviously trying not to laugh)
Callie: I gotta tell you, I was really impressed with Mark today. He's really being an adult about this. I- I think he's going to be a great dad.
Arizona: Yeah.
Callie: Right?
Arizona: It'll work.
Callie: You don't think that it was that impressive?
Arizona (clears throat): Sure. He handled it, and not like a four year old. Is that supposed to make me excited?
Callie: I thought that I was supposed to be the cranky, hormonal one?
Arizona: I'm not cranky.
Callie: Mmm.
Arizona: I don't get excited by Mark. I'm not delighted by Mark. I love you. And I can honestly say that I'm gonna love this baby. But Mark? I somehow ended up agreeing to a lifetime with... Mark. A lifetime of decisions. Bottle or sippy cup? Basketball or tap? Dartmouth or Berekley? Christmas morning, with... Mark.
Callie: Okay.
Arizona: I never picked him, and I don't hate him, but I don't want a life with him. And yet that's somehow what I got.
Callie: What am I supposed to do? Kick him out? I mean, it's his kid.
Arizona: Yeah, you don't need to remind of that, I never, ever forget that.
Callie: Wow. Okay, we're gonna go down that road, again.
Arizona: Okay, can we just be honest about the fact that is some kind of bi dream come true? I mean you get the woman that you love and the guy best friend who's also a great lay and then you get a baby. I mean, you get it all. Me, this is not my dream. My dream doesn't look like this.
Stark: I'd like you to join me for dinner.
April: Come again?
Stark: Dinner.
April: Uh... right now?
Stark: No, I already ate. I'm just saying some other night.
April: Like...
Stark: As you know, a date.
April: Did you say you wouldn't call child services because you wanted to go out with me?
Stark: No, no, actually, I wanted to go out with you because you convinced me not to call child services. And nobody has changed my mind in... ten years.
April: Is that supposed to be a selling point?
Stark: It cuts both ways, no doubt about it.
April: If I say no, will you stop giving me surgeries?
Stark: Oh, no, that's sexual harrassment, not my style. Look, just think it over, if the answer's no, that's fine, we'll probably have to advoid eye contact for a while, but I mean we can still work together. Anyway, think about it.
Cristina: I think that I have veto power. I mean, I think that you don't bring a human being into this world if one of the parties, like the mother, doesn't want it. I mean, what's left to discuss?
Owen: Alright, lemme get this straight, you've made a decision and I have no say, zero. So, what if I think having a family is a huge part of what it means to be alive?
Cristina: Well, then you married the wrong person. You know, maybe you did. I mean, it was... It was hasty. I-I was a PTSD wastoid shivering on the coach. Maybe we didn't think this through.
Owen: Stop it. You don't get to pull that crap with me. We got married not because you're... a basket case but because we loved each other and we wanted a life together. So, you don't get to threaten walking out just because I had the gull to express an opinion that is different to yours. You need to think about it. You have an obligation to at least pretend that you care what the hell I want.
Jackson: Just wanted to make sure that you were alright.
Lexie: Ricky's not, that's for sure. I told Julia that she'd find someone else, but I'm not sure I believed it.
Jackson: Ah, she will.
Lexie: But what if he's...
Jackson: ... her soulmate? You've gotta be kidding me with this crap, Lexie. Nobody has just one soul mate. That'd be such a dumb system. Look, Ricky and Julia deserve better than someone who makes them sick. You deserve better, too. And there is more than one soulmate for everyone. I mean, someone like you, there'd be a line out the door as soon as word got out.
Lexie (smiles): Oh, would you be in the line?
Jackson: Yeah, I'm in the line.
Bailey: Everything's clear.
Richard: Good. She's just got two left feet.
Bailey: Could be, I didn't check for that. Sir, something's clearly wrong.
Richard: Dr. Bailey, when you're rolling down the far side of the hill, things fall apart.
Bailey: Okay, look, if it were me and my wife was suddenly accident prone, and losing track of details, I wouldn't ask the general surgeon who's only been an attending for a year to check her out. I'd ask the neuro guy, the very fancy, extremely good, neurosurgeon who happens to be studying neurological disorders like Alzheimer's, who happens to be a close friend. I mean, that's who I'd ask, but that's just me.
Lexie (about Julia): She's gone. For real. I don't know how to tell him.
Jackson: Well, if I had to hear something like that, I'd wanna hear it from you.
April: Allison Baker is in Dr. Shepherd's Alzheimer's trial, and she has to have follow-up visits every two weeks for the next three years. We'll make Kyle come every time, I will do the exam myself, every two weeks. Look, Kyle, he's not just loved, he's cherished. I would like you to consider putting a pin in the call to protective services.
Stark: I thought that you already made the call?
April: We didn't.
Stark: Oh. ... Okay.
April: Excuse me?
Stark: Better not stay too long, I might reconsider. Run away, Dr. Kepner.
Cristina: I said I'm never having kids and you said 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' What exactly does 'yeah, yeah, yeah', mean?
Owen: Well, of course you don't want kids, you're a resident, I felt the same when I was starting out so I figured that we could uh, revisit this conversation down the line.
Cristina: We've already discussed this.
Owen: Yes, but people change. It's possible in a couple years you'll... come around.
Cristina: When have you ever known me to come around?
Owen: The idea that your career is the only thing that will ever matter to you is frankly a young person's notion. Look, after what you've been through these past few months I would've thought that you had a new vision towards this whole thing already.
Cristina: Okay, okay. So, you assumed that I was gonna grow-up and that I was going to get over my childish vision of my life.
Owen: Well, that's one way to put it. I also thought that you might find a little room for my vision of life.
Cristina: Well, I've grown up as much as I plan to. And I don't come around.
Teddy: They're lying. They're just gonna lay low for a couple of weeks, then they're gonna get back together and destroy this pefectly good pair of lungs. She's probably still in the hospital.
Jackson: You wanna stop the transplant?
Teddy: It's too late. Lungs are on their way, clock's already ticking.
Lexie: Maybe it'll be okay, you know, maybe it's not a waste, they love each other. You know, it is rare, what if they are soulmates? (Teddy shakes her head and leaves)
Jackson: You're thinking about Sloan again.
Lexie: No. Why? (Jackson gives her a look) He told Callie that he'd be happy to raise a special needs child, okay? He's a good man. I... I didn't think about it when I walked away, I just got mad and I walked.
Jackson: You did think about it. You think about everything.
Lexie: Okay, what if I was wrong?
Jackson: You really wanna be dating a guy, two women and a baby?
Lexie: Okay, well, that sounds bad.
Callie: Well, I want the amino. I- I just wanna have the information, whatever it is. That doesn't mean I'm gonna act on it. Just whatever the situation is, I wanna know about it.
Mark: Okay, thank you.
Arizona: What? That's it?
Mark: Well, I just wanted her to think about it. I wanted all of us to really think about it, and you did. There's three of us, and I got outvoted. As long as my 33 percent is considered and nobody's body parts get more of a vote than I do, that's all I can ask for.
Cristina: I am so grateful that you're not trying to knock me up.
Owen: You're welcome.
Cristina: The three musketeers are all freaked out about having an amino and Meredith is getting shot up everyday with fertilidy drugs. It is a nightmare, the whole thing and for all for what? Just to sign up for two years of sleep deprivation and feces? I'm so happy we're never going to have to deal with that.
Bailey: Meredith, what was the deal with Adele Webber a few weeks back?
Meredith: Oh, she fractured her wrist.
Bailey: Yeah, but you ordered a head CT.
Meredith: Just to be sure, and it was clear.
Bailey: Okay, I read the file. What I'm asking for is a more complete impression of the patient. I, myself just accused her of either being a whino or a junkie and that seems to not be the case 'cause the tox screen is clear and so is the breathalizer. And I'm wonderin' what the hell's goin' on?
Meredith: She fell down and she couldn't get her story straight, I tried to talk to the chief and he got very angry with me because I suggested that there was some indication of early dementia. And he thinks that since I'm on Derek's study, I see Alzheimer's everywhere. Are you concerned?
Bailey: Yeah.
Meredith: Did you really call the Chief's wife a whino?
Bailey: Not my finest moment.
Meredith: So, he says we're only gonna have one sink in the bathroom, like he's hurting me. I mean, why do you need two?
Cristina: Well, 'cause men leave wadded toothpaste in the sink, and, when you have your own sink, you don't have to look at it. All dried and congealed and filled with their fossilized oral bacteria.
Meredith: I leave toothpaste in the sink. Are you supposed to rinse it everytime you brush?
Cristina: Nobody parented you, this is to be expected.
Alex: You're really gonna move out and sell your house?
Meredith: You gonna miss me?
Alex (taking some of her fries and eating them): I'm gonna miss having a cheap place to live.
Meredith: You know, I have trouble seeing fine print, but I can still see your paws on my food. (smacks his hand away, and Cristina takes a fry)
Arizona: The miscarriage rate is low. And even lower with widely talented OBs, and we have widely talented OBs.
Mark: It's a risk no matter who does it.
Callie: Okay, you know what, I'm trying to eat, which is more important than it's ever been now because I'm an incubator. Okay, I know what each of you thinks, I'm weighing the options, okay? I will decide.
Mark: You'll decide?
Callie: Yes, I'm the tie breaker. And anyhow, I have the bigger vote because as we've discussed, I vote on behalf of the baby and on behalf of the...
Mark: ... vagina.
Callie: Yeah.
Mark: Yeah, right. That's not gonna cut it, okay? We're co-parenting us, all of us. This isn't a joke. It's not some cute arrangement where you humor me and use me for babysitting when you want to see a movie. This is my child. We're doing this together. You don't get a bigger vote. I'm a parent! (leaves)
Callie: Ooh, Daddy's mad.
Meredith (about Stark calling child services): You have to call him off.
Arizona: He's my boss, and believe me I like that even less than you do.
April: We thinking calling protective services is a bad idea.
Arizona: Oh, ah... Kyle's mother may not have a lot of lucid time. These years are gonna be difficult but it's all the time the family has and so pulling them apart...
Stark: Do you know when protective services pulls families apart? When the children are in danger, when the children aren't in danger, they go away, they do something else.
April: Well, they can have a knee-jerk reaction to certain circumstances?
Stark: You think they're idiots?
April: I am sure that they are not.
Stark: Heartless wretches?
April: No.
Stark: Pediatric surgeons can be heartless wretches. Some would argue that I'm a case in point. (Arizona makes a face, as if saying that's true) But social workers, on the other hand, are bleeding hearts. They're earning peanuts, they're doing thankless work, and then they're getting painted as what? Homewreckers? For simply stepping in when children are being harmed.
Arizona: Yeah, but the boy is not being harmed.
Stark: And you're sure about that? You're 100 percent sure? No shadow of a doubt there? Ah, that must be a good feeling. Why don't you be a good example for your residents and make the call? (Arizona nods, she wants to say something but doesn't)
Alex: I have a friend who can't see, she thinks it might be her fertility meds.
Lucy: Your friend?
Alex: You think I'm making it up?
Lucy: You're looking for reasons to talk to me. Because the last time we spoke, you asked me out and I said no. So, now you're taking my temperature to see if I was actually busy or just not interested. You can't asked me out again, not after what you percieved to be a rejection. Because even though you're whole rap is about self-confidence, you're about as self-assured as a chihuahua. Your friend, she doesn't need my help. If she did, she'd call me.
Alex: So, I should just ask you out again?
Lucy: It's a lot simpler, don't you think?
Alex: You free for dinner?
Lucy: No. Busy.
Mark: I've lost too many babies in my time. Addison terminated. Sloan disappeared. I'm not letting it happen again. I don't care what kind of baby it is.
Arizona: You can't be glib about this. A special needs baby can be a very sick baby. We could be talking about a lifetime of surgeries and hospital stays and pain. It's not all hugging and the Special Olympics.
Mark: Aminos come with risks, too. One and some non-insignifcant number result in miscarriages.
Lexie (overhearing): One in 300.
Mark: She's not 45. The downe's rate in woman her age isn't all that high.
Arizona (to Callie): Can- Can we have a minute? Can I just...?
Mark: There's no pulling anybody aside.
Arizona: We have a relationship, Mark. Part of that doesn't include you.
Mark: She's carrying my kid. Alright, she gets a minute, then I get a minute, too.
Callie: Okay, you know what? No one gets a minute. I have a patient, the patient gets a minute.
Meredith: Get in here.
Alex: You paged me?
Meredith: Yeah, I need you to check my eyes.
Alex: I'm not an eye guy, I don't know how any of this crap works.
Meredith: Alright, well I already did the chart. I'm like 20/25, but now I- I need you to look at my eyes through this thing.
Alex: Maybe it's glaucoma. Hey, you can get a prescription for pot. Okay, look up, look down. Ah, it doesn't look like glaucoma. Yeah, your cornea looks fine.
Meredith: Good.
Alex: Yeah, but you still can't read the chart.
Meredith: Yeah, but if I squint...
Alex: Normal people don't squint. (points to a line on the chart) Read the chart, line eight. No squinting.
Meredith: D, C, P, I.
Alex: You're blind.
Meredith: Shut up.
Alex: Can you even see me?
Meredith: Yeah, and you look like a real moron. I need a real eye doctor.
Alex: Can you even see enough to operate?
Meredith: When I do the squinting thing I see fine. Don't quit your day job.
Alex: Yeah, well, you keep squinting like that, and you're going to get crow's feet, but I'm good at plastics. You want me to do something about that?
Richard: Give Yang all your patients today.
Bailey: I have an SMA embolectomy.
Richard: Well, I'll take your embolectomy, Yang can take the rest. You take my wife.
Bailey: Now I want my embolectomy even more than before.
Richard: She's fallen and ended up in my ER twice. Maybe it's an inner ear thing effecting her balance, maybe it's a pinched nerve, I don't know. All I know is that you're gonna run every test that has a name.
Bailey (whiny): I was really looking forward to my embolectomy.
Meredith: Kepner, you one peds today?
April: Yeah, some kid already puked on me.
Meredith: Okay, so, one of my patient's son has a lump on his neck. So, would you just do a work-up on him and if it's anything just kick it up to Robbins?
April: Fine. You owe me one.
Meredith: No, I don't.
April: I'm doing you a favor. You owe me one.
Meredith: You're doing your job. I owe you gratitude and respect.
April: I already had your respect.
Adele: You know, this whole thing is ridiculous.
Richard: This is twice, honey. I mean, your wrist...
Adele: It's those shoes! They're supposed to tone your dairy-aire but I cannot feel the ground when I walk. I am going to through them away. If someone would just get me a coupla band-aids, I can be on my way.
Richard: You're not going anywhere.
Adele: If you make a big fuss about this...
Mark: Mrs. Webber, I'm about to put a needle in your face, I'd be extremely grateful if you'd stop moving.
Adele: Oh, it's a cut Mark. You didn't have to show up, you can give me a couple of band aids and be on your way.
Mark: Yeah, that's not how this is gonna go.
Richard: When was the last time that you put in an application to the FDA?
Owen: It's been a while, sir.
Richard: Well, it would have to be because if you had an recolection of what's involved you wouldn't interrupt me in the middle of compiling 357 pages of an application. Do you know how easy it is to lose one page out of 357?
Owen: It's gotta be quite easy.
Richard: They look for reasons to kill a study. Do you know what they consider a good reason?
Owen: Uh, missing...
Richard: One. One missing page. Now, you're a smart man, Hunt. You have leadership potential, management potential, and I think you shy away from that.
Owen: That may well be, sir.
Richard: I mean, you can handle a VIP patient. I mean, if you don't mention the Chief of Surgery, they won't ask for the Chief of Surgery. Did you mention me?
Owen: I think I did, sir.
Richard: Now, why would you do that? Did you not know aout my application?
Owen: I did, sir.
Richard: Then what on Earth were you thinkin'?
Owen (pulls back the curtain): Your wife, sir. That's what I was thinkin'.
Lucy: It all looks good. Did you schedule an amino yet?
Mark: Oh, we don't need an amino.
Callie: Uh, we don't?
Arizona: Of course we do. We'll set one up.
Mark: Why do we need an amino?
Arizona: I can think of a hundred reasons.
Mark: Do you want me to take them down one by one or all together?
Callie (trying to stop them from fighting): Hey, hey, hey.
Lucy: It's so nice that there are three of you.
Mark (gets paged): I gotta go. Don't let her shove a giant needle in your belly before we discuss this.
Lucy: It's not giant. Nine inches. (measures with her fingers, Callie fixes it and makes it longer, how it should be)
Meredith (closing voiceover): We are responsible with our patients. The problem is we blow it all out at work. In our own lives, we can't think things through. We don't make the sound choice. We did that all day at the hospital. When it comes to ourselves, we've got nothing left. And is it worth it-being responsible? Because if take your vitamins and pay your taxes and never cut the line, the universe still gives you people to love and then lets them slip through your fingers like water, and what've you got? Vitamins and nothing.
Meredith (opening voiceover): Everyone figures doctors are the most responsible people they know. They hold lives in their hands. They're not flakes. They don't lose track of important details or make stunningly bad judgment calls. 'Cause that would be bad, right?
Derek (looking at the blueprints for their house): I'm thinking that we could put the tub here, that way you can take a bath and look out the window at the trees. But that means that we have to move the sink here because there's no way we can get two sinks on that wall.
Meredith: Okay.
Derek: Okay, so you want me to move the tub or do you want to share a sink?
Meredith: I have one opinion, and that is that I just want a tub deep enough covers my...
Derek: ... knees and boobs at the same time. Yeah, I gotta go, you're useless. (kisses her head) Love you. (leaves)
Alex: The dude's building you a dream house.
Meredith: I can't read these stupid things.
Alex: You just don't give a crap.
Meredith: I'm taking baby drugs to make my uterus less hostile and I don't know, it makes my eyes dry and I just squint to see. And I don't really care enough about the tub/sink relationship to you know...
Alex: You should talk to that hot OB.
Meredith (smiles): You are always drummin' up reasons to talk to that hot OB.
Lexie: I had a feeling I'd find you here. The lungs are in, so far, so good.
Julia: Are you gonna tell her I'm here?
Lexie: Dr. Altman? No. No, I'm pretty sure that you're gonna leave. Here's the thing, you're killing him, you're taking a gun and killing him, and there's nothing romantic about a joint suicide. It's cruel, to you, to him, to your parents, and to the family that just buried someone. Those lungs are gorgeous. You can't do this. It always feels like there's just one person in this world to love, and then you find somebody else and it just seems crazy that you were over worried in the first place.
Julia: Just tell him he has to find someone, I- I just don't want him to be alone.


Full Recap

Meredith's fertility drugs are causing her to lose her vision. Her vision takes a turn for the worse while she is in the operating room. She could not finish the operation. She realizes she has to stop taking the drugs which is devastating since she will no longer be able to have a child. The Chief tells Meredith that it is no longer safe for her to operate.

Callie, Mark, and Arizona discuss whether or not Callie should have amniocentesis. At the peak of frustration, Arizona reveals that she doesn't like the idea of Mark being the father of her child. It is not how she envisioned her future to be. Owen and Cristina get into a fight when Owen tells her he might want to have kids.

Back at Seattle Grace, Avery takes advantage of Lexie's vulnerable state and hits on her. Dr. Stark was thinking about calling child services on one of his patients but April talks him out of it. This was the first time in a while that anyone has gotten him to change his mind. He proceeds to ask Avery out. She says yes. April rushes to go tell Lexie and finds Lexie and Avery together in the shower.

Two patients Ricky and Julia were suffering from cystic fibrosis. They decide to risk their lives and stay together but eventually realize that they have to break up so they do. Adele is back in the hospital after another accident. The Chief is in denial of the fact that there is something seriously wrong with her . He then comes to terms with this and he goes and asks Derek for help.

1 comments:

Jenny on September 17, 2011 at 9:09 AM said...

ooooh, thank you!i got the line i was looking for.THANKS A LOT! :D

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Text

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TV SERIES ONLINE Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template